Tuesday 9 June 2009

8/6/09

I decided that today I would finally get my haircut. So I avoided it for a while, stopping to get some awesome cake from around the corner (probably the best I've had) and then went in for the haircut.

The place was busy when I went in and I had to wait about five minutes before a Slovakian girl got me. She went over exactly what she was going to do. She made me get it washed first and then started in on the cutting. It took about 40 minutes, at one point she remarked "You have so much hair!" I apologized.

At the end though, I think it turned out pretty great actually. A little shorter than I expected, but not all that short really. It was a great decision, as you can tell from the before and after photos.

I came back and since I knew I was going to have to take a shower, I decided to go for a run in Regent's Park first. I hadn't run in months and months, so it wasn't great, but my legs felt surprisingly good. I went through all sorts of areas of the park, mostly because I don't know my way around it. The best was the flower garden.

I came back and met up with Heidi to go down to The Grapes, a pub from the 1700s along the Thames in the dockland area where Dickens used to sign and dance on the tables when he was young and then used the pub as a basis for one of his books. It felt rather old inside, wood on the walls, small corridors. It was a nice local pub, we were the only tourists for sure (they even allow you to bring dogs in there.) I had a vegetable soup and bread and butter. The bread and butter was the best part.

We walked along the Thames and the sun was setting in the most incredible orange I've ever seen, so we hung out and watched it. We then walked into Canary Warf to take the tube back. It was a lot cooler at night, but it felt like I was in the west Loop area by the Opera House still, not in London at all, but I liked it much more this time.

I got a chocolate indulgence cake and watched the Tigers/Sox game before sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment