Friday 12 June 2009

11/6/09

I got up and packed up some, a weird feeling. I then walked down to St. John's Wood to meet up with Kim and Heidi. The Tube stop was closed so they took a while, so I decided to walk down to 7 Cavendish, which is Paul McCartney's house. It's gated and you can't see a ton of it, but it's not a massive mansion or anything (he's owned it since the '60s). There was some graffiti saying things like, 'Hi Paul' on the wall outside. That's great.

They got there so I met up with them and we made our way to Abbey Road. I wore my suit and naturally took my shoes off even memorizing how Paul stood so that I could recreate the shot. It turned out pretty cool.

We walked back and I changed and we made our way down to the Wallace Collection for afternoon tea. They have it in their courtyard and it was basically all old people and us. I got an Earl Grey and had the cucumber sandwich, the two cakes, and the scone. Really great actually.

We went down to Trident Studios for their tour. We were the only three on the tour and the owner gave us basically a personal tour. The number of artists that recorded there is ridiculous. Parts of the White Album (including Hey Jude), Elton John, Queen, David Bowie, all four solo Beatles (including All Things Must Pass), Carly Simon, Lou Reed. The number of songs that were made there was ridiculous. They played a medley of songs made there and I basically knew them all. They had some letters from Phil Spector to George about All Things Must Pass and how he needs to do more work at Trident. Paul was there two months ago, Bowie dropped in a while ago, it's just crazy. The place has changed a lot, now used for voice-overs mostly, but still great to be inside.

We didn't know what to do next so we wandered and ended up going to the Audley pub where Michelle Obama and the girls ate at two days ago. It was a typical cool old pub, and cheap. I had an Earl Grey again (my British tea of choice). I couldn't imagine the Obamas there.

We we down to Leicester Square area and Heidi went souvenir shopping since it was her last day. We messed around in some stores for a while and then walked back.

I spent the rest of the night packing up (or attempting to). I got most my clothes away, it's just the random things I have left to get put away. I think I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment