Wednesday 27 May 2009

27/5/09

I went on the Magical Mystery Beatles Walking Tour with the same guide as the last one I went to (who rather annoys me somehow). But this one was equally good. We went by Paul's offices, where John and Yoko met, where John did a comedy bit outside a bathroom, Trident Studios where some of 'The White Album' was recorded (I think I'm going to tour it later), and the rooftop. They are all over in my area still, I'd been by many of the sites and not known it, it's great.

Instead of joining everyone down at Abbey Road again, I went to Canary Warf instead. When you step off the train you are surrounded by giant glass buildings all around, not like you are in London or even Europe for that matter. It reminded me of a new American city, wide streets, tall glass buildings devoid of character, just really sterile and gloomy almost. I sort of hated it. Nothing unique about it at all, almost like Communist buildings of the 21st century.

I came back and did some blog work and ate. I'm out of space on the blog for pictures now, not sure what I'll do. I can buy more space for $20 a year, but with less than three weeks left I don't know if it makes sense or not. I might go and delete some photos to free up space.

I went over to The Globe (the pub on the corner of Marylebone and Baker Street where Dickens and Doyle were supposed to have gone from the 1750s) and watched the second half of the Champion's League Finals between Manchester United and Barcelona.

I didn't really know who I was rooting for, Man U being English and I knew more of their players, but I'd been to Barcelona and I sort of hate Ronaldo, so I just got to enjoy the game and the atmosphere. It was packed with fans on both sides, nothing super rowdy though, in more of a respectful way. I liked the game, soccer is sort of growing on me now, I wish I watched more of it here.

I was pretty tired so I came back here and did some more work on the blog and on my page and looked up so Romania stuff. I'm starting to feel like I'm leaving here really soon and need to cram things in. It's weird to think I'll be back home soon and never really live here agian.

No comments:

Post a Comment