Sunday 17 May 2009

17/5/09

We walked down to Borough Market, a rather long walk down by London Bridge, especially on a day where it wasn't all that great outside. It was closed. Mary was really hungry so we went to an Eat along the river and she got a sandwich and I had a yogurt. We also got Flakes, always good.

We met at the Temple stop for the Harry Potter tour. Major letdown. The amount of relevant London sites were pretty much non-existent. I was expecting more of movie locations and such, but this was all based in theory and looked a lot at the basis for the mythical beings. Lame. The guide was sorta strange, kind of a magician wannabe that just made the tour rather unprofessional and took away from it all. Not worth the money, although we went to the 'real' Diagon Alley, which is a little street by Leicester Square that I've wandered down a number of times, never making the connection.

From there we went Borders and I rented the Italy Eyewitness book and came back and had food. Mary studied and got tired so she took a nap and I went out for a walk around Marylebone after my interest was piqued following the discovery that the Globe pub on the corner is from 1735 and Dickens and Doyle both went there. I really love my neighborhood.

I went to Tesco on Marylebone High Street and got some stuff while I talked to ma, including Magic Stars, which weren't really that magical, just regular pieces of chocolate in the shape of stars.

I came up and we went on the roof for a little before I watched most of the Hawks/Wings game, sent in my column, and read about Italy and London.

No comments:

Post a Comment